Rugs and carpets are one of the essential parts of your home decor. They not only add beauty to your house but also provide warmth and comfort and makes you feel more at home. Unlike concrete floors, rugs can sometimes be too stubborn to wash and can be a real pain. For this, the most convenient way is to clean it with a pressure washer. Now, if you don’t know how to clean an area rug with a pressure washer, don’t worry.
In these articles, we will teach you how to clean an area rug using a pressure washer and all the dos and don’ts of the procedure. We will also teach you how to clean a wool rug; all you need to do is to read this article carefully, follow the steps, and by the end of this article, you will know exactly how to clean your dirty rug with a pressure washer.
After following these steps, you will be able to transform your dirty rug into a clean and pleasant looking carpet.
How a pressure washer works on rugs
Pressure washers generate high water pressure that can wipe away even the hardest of stains in a matter of milliseconds. You can use a pressure washer for cleaning many things, for instance, patios, driveways, cars, upholstery, decks, garage floor, carpets, and rugs.
The cleaning power is usually controlled by the amount of pressure you set on the pressure washer combined with the type of nozzle you choose. Too high cleaning power, you can end up damaging what you are cleaning. Too low cleaning pressure, you might leave some stains and dirt behind.
How To Clean An Area Rug With A Pressure Washer
- First of all, vacuum clean your rug before pressure washing it; doing so would get rid of loose dirt and dust.
- Pick up a plane area with good drainage where you would clean your carpet; a patio or a driveway would do the trick. Clean that place with simple water, and then place your rug on it.
- Carefully assemble your pressure washer and make sure there is nothing in the path of the pressure washer so that it doesn’t get stuck while you are working.
- After you have turned on the pressure washer, make sure the water pressure is right. If you use too high pressure, you might end up damaging your rug. To avoid this mishap, the experts recommend the best 2000 psi electric pressure washer. Now, as for the nozzles, some pressure washers have a Vario wand while others have different nozzles; in any case, we would recommend the 25 and 40-degree spray pattern.
- Pressure wash both sides of your rug with simple water at low pressure; this would get rid of loose stains and dirt.
- Use the best pressure washer cleaner detergent, first make sure the detergent won’t damage your rug. After applying the detergent, rub the stained areas with a soft cotton brush.
- Turn the rug around, apply the detergent, and then rub the stained areas with a cotton brush.
- If it’s possible, hang your rug on a bar or a rope and again spray it with simple water (this step is optional).
- Put your carpet on a dry and clean surface outside the house and let it completely dry, so that you can avoid any crease.
you may also like How To Repair Pressure Washer Hose
Cleaning a rug with a pressure washer is a very easy task, but if you don’t keep in mind the dos and don’ts of the process you might end up damaging your carpet. You can also take your rug to the nearest rug washing machine but doing it all by yourself will not only make you feel proud but will also save you some money as well.