As we all have experienced, our sewer drainage pipes get blocked every once in a while. Most people prefer to hire someone to get their dirty job done, while others like to take care of their business by themselves and find a way to get the job done.
Sewer blockage happens neither too often, nor too rare, you can neither spend a significant amount of your income buying an expensive sewer jetter nor can you continue to pay the people that get the job done.
In that case, the best way is to improvise, and fortunately, you can convert your pressure washer into a sewer jetter. Doing so will save you a lot of money and time as well. In this article, we will teach you how to convert a pressure washer into a sewer jetter.
What is a Sewer Jetter?
Before knowing how to convert your pressure washer into sewer hydro jetter, you must know what a sewer hydro jetter is?
A sewer jetter is a machine that has a powerful pump that generates high water pressure. This machine uses high water pressure to clean the material that blocks your drainage system.
Similar to a pressure washer, a sewer jetter also has a hose, a hose reel, nozzles, and some larger ones that have water tanks as well.
All you need to do is to insert put on the right nozzle and insert it into the drain, turn the jetter ON and, it will take care of the rest.
you may also like How To Clean Pool Tile With A Pressure Washer
THINGS YOU NEED
To convert a pressure washer into a sewer jetter, you need to buy a few things.
- You must have a powerful pressure washer, and you must have the best commercial pressure washer for heavy equipment.
- You need a sewer jetter conversion kit, you can buy it online, or you can also buy it from the nearest local shop.
- The kit must have ball valves, jetter hose, nozzles, jumper hose, and hose reel with hand carry.
The price of conversion kits can vary; we, however, would recommend you to prefer quality over cost because the higher the quality, the lower will be the chance of leakage or any failure. The sewer jetter kits for electric pressure washers and gas pressure washers are almost the same.
STEP BY STEP procedure of converting a pressure washer into sewer jetter.
- Attach the high-pressure hose to the outlet of your pressure washer. Make sure the connection is tight, so there is no chance of leakage.
- Remove the spray gun of your pressure washer and put the ball valve instead.
- Connect one end of the jumper hose with the ball valve and the other end with the jetter hose.
- We prefer to first wrap the jetter hose around the hose reel and then install it onto the hand carry, this way is more convenient.
- Put the nozzle on the outlet of the jetter hose.
- Make sure there are no loose connections and joints so that there is no leakage.
- Take the reel as close as possible to where the blockage is and turn on the pressure washer.
After following these steps, you should be able to convert your pressure washer into a sewer jetter.