If you are using a pressure washer, you might have had a leaking hose, if you haven’t, then eventually you will. In this situation, you either need to repair it or need to buy another best pressure washer hose. If you want to fix it, which, to be honest, is a difficult task, but you don’t know the procedure, don’t worry. In this article, we will teach you how to repair a pressure washer hose.
How To Repair Pressure Washer Hose
Most of the time, your pressure washer hose get leaked either because it got too old to handle high pressure, or your hose touched the hot exhaust on the gas pressure washer and got damaged. As we said earlier, a leak in a pressure washer hose is a difficult task. Unlike your garden hose, any patch won’t work on it because of the high pressure.
At some point, the patch might get loose, and since the water is super-hot and it will come out of that small hole with enormous pressure, it might get you seriously hurt. At the very least, you will get soaked, and the cleaning job will get even harder that way.
A pressure washer hose has two layers, the wire mesh layer, and the plastic coating, both layers distribute the pressurized water evenly throughout the hose. If you want to repair the hose, you need to fix each layer; if not, your repair won’t last much longer.
you may also like How To Convert A Pressure Washer Into A Sewer Jetter
Steps to repair a pressure washer hose
- Turn off the pressure washer; if you are using an electric pressure washer, make sure to unplug it.
- Drain the water from the hose by pressing the hose trigger.
- Locate the leak and dry it out.
- Make a square cut on both side of the leak
- To find the right size compression fitting, you need to measure the diameter of the hose.
- Now you need to create a compression seal with gates compression fitting carefully. Make sure the fitting is the right size.
- Tighten the female repair fitting with an adjustable wrench. The male repair coupling will fit inside the hose.
- Lubricate the tip using motor oil. Connect and tighten the two pieces using two adjustable wrenches.
- Connect the adapter
- Screw the adapter to the pressure washer
Watch this detailed video on how to repair a pressure washer hose.
Above was the procedure to repair a pressure washer hose successfully. If there are more leaks, then we would recommend you buy a brand new pressure washer hose, as it will be safer and more efficient to use.