In pressure washers, O-rings play a vital role, they are the difference between a highly functional and a malfunctioned pressure washer. No matter how good quality O-rings your pressure washer have, they will eventually wear out. With such damaged O-rings your pressure washer will not only be not working properly but will also leak as well.
If you have encountered such situation with your pressure washer wand, and you don’t know how to replace the O-rings in your pressure washer, don’t worry. In this article, we will teach you how to replace the O-ring in a pressure washer wand. You need to carefully read these steps and follow them, by the end of this article you will be pro in replacing O-ring in your pressure washer wand.
Steps to replace O-ring in your pressure washer
Below are some beginner-friendly and straightforward steps you can take to replace your pressure washer O-ring.
- First, you need to gather all the tools you will need in the process. If you don’t have these tools, the process may take more time and effort than it should.
- If you are using an electric pressure washer make sure to unplug the power cord from the socket. Moreover if you are using gas pressure washer make sure your pressure you pressure washer is turned off while you are performing the procedure
- Use a wrench to remove the pressure washer wand from the pump. After you have removed the wand from the pressure washer place it somewhere safe.
- After you have removed the wand, pull out the O-ring until its in the middle of the pressure washer wand, in case the O-ring is broken it will most likely break down inside the wand. In that case you need to make sure you have gathered or removed every piece of the broken ring from the wand.
- Before buying the new O-ring you need to note the size of your pressure washer wand. After you have bought the right size of ring insert that ring to your pressure washer wand. Make sure you have insert it the right way.
- After you have successfully installed the new pressure washer wand O-ring, replace the wand into its place and tighten the wrench by rotating it in the clockwise direction.
- Test run your pressure washer to make sure everything is set up the right way and there are no leakages.
Replacing your pressure washer O-ring is a piece of cake. As long as you are following these steps you won’t have a problem. If there are still leakages around the wand then we would recommend you to get yourself the best pressure washer gun with an extension wand.