For people who love to see their cars clean and shinning, washing their car is an unavoidable task. Either they will need to pay descent amount of money to get their car cleaned or will have to do it by themselves. People who don’t like the first option will obviously take the second one i.e. cleaning their cars by themselves.
Although this time consuming and painful task can’t be avoided, it can be made slightly less time consuming, less tedious, and more interesting with the help of the best car wash pressure washer and some knowledge on how to pressure wash a car.
If you have any kind of pressure washer, all you need to do is to learn how to clean your car with a pressure washer. In this article, we will be teaching you how to clean your car using a pressure washer.
Steps to pressure wash a car
First and foremost, you need to set the pressure washer PSI and GPM ratings. More PSI means more pressure, more GPM means more water.
If you set the PSI too high, it might leave marks on your car surface. If you set the GPM too high, you might end up wasting too much water.
To find the perfect combination of PSI and GPM, you need to apply the following formula and get yourself PSI and GPM ratings
Cleaning Power = PSIxGPM
Cleaning power required for pressure washing car is around 2000 to 3000 cleaning units.
- After that you will need to get yourself the best hose attachments for washing cars, these attachments includes spray can, nozzle, spray gun and many other attachments that will not only give you more ease and comfort but will also enhance the efficiency of your pressure washer.
- Next is to park your car in an open area and away from anything that can get damage after contact with water. If you are using an electric pressure washer, make sure you have an outlet near you and have as lengthy cord as possible.
- Before applying any water or soap solution, first rinse your car to remove soft dirt and debris on the surface of your car. In order to do so, you will need to set your pressure washer on low pressure, attach the 25 degree nozzle and spray your car using normal tap water.
- For this part, you will need the best pressure washer cleaner to apply the detergent solution on the surface of your car. Fill your detergent can with detergent solution, set the water to soap ratio and start applying soap to your car surface.
- Some pressure washers have automated detergent mixers, if you don’t have one on your pressure washer, don’t worry. Take a bucket full of tap water and add the detergent solution to the bucket make sure to add an appropriate amount. After that put the water inlet hose in the bucket. The pressure washer will suck the soap solution from the bucket and then you can spray it on the surface of your car. You can also attach a foam blaster to your pressure washer outlet and use it.
- After that, leave the soap solution on the surface of the car for 5-15 minutes. Connect the inlet hose back to normal water source and after 15 minutes, rinse your car, this time with high pressure rating and using a 40 degree nozzle. Make sure you have rinsed every inch of your car surface and there is no soap left on it.
- After that dry your car with a clean towel or cloth and let it dry. Make sure there is no dirt or any kind of unwanted spots left on your car surface.
you may also like How To Adjust Pressure Washer Unloader Valve
Pressure washing your own car all by yourself will not only save you some bucks but will also give you confidence to tackle other hard tasks in your life. Above are the steps you need to take to efficiently clean your car with a pressure washer. We hope you have read all these steps carefully and by now you know all the dos and don’ts of pressure washing a car.