We all know that all machines require maintenance every once in a while, without maintenance your machine won’t be efficient and won’t last for long. Just like all other machines, pressure washers also require maintenance. The most important maintenance requirement of a pressure washer is changing its oil.
If you are a Honda GCV160 pressure washer owner and don’t know how to change your pressure washer oil, you have come to the right place because in this article we will teach you how to change oil in Honda gcv160 pressure washer.
Changing oil in a Honda pressure washer means changing the engine oil and pump oil as well. In this article we will teach you how to change oil in both components without damaging any part.
First and foremost, we would highly recommend you to read your pressure washer manual, there should be a page or two explaining how to change your pressure washer oil. If the manual is not helpful, you can then read this article.
How to change engine oil
Below are easy and straightforward steps to change engine oil. Before proceeding, we would highly recommend you to check your pressure washer engine oil before using it. Once you have used your pressure washer for more than 20 hours, change the oil. After that, you will need to change oil after every 5 months or 100 hours of use.
- Run your pressure washer for good 15-20 minutes so that the oil is warm enough to be easily drained.
- After you are sure that the oil inside is warm, place a bucket beneath the oil drain plug on the engine.
- Remove the plug and the filler cap and let the oil drain to the bucket.
- After you are sure that there is no oil left inside, replace the drain plug.
- Refill the oil tank with the SAE 10W-30 oil and look for the amount in your pressure washer manual, replace the filler cap and make sure both the plug and the cap are tightly closed.
- After that, run you pressure washer for 5-10 minutes.
How to change pump oil
For pressure washer pump, you will need to change oil after first 10 hours of operation. After that, you can change oil after every 3 months or 200 hours of use. To change the pump oil…
- Place a bucket beneath the pressure washer pump oil drain plug, just like you did while changing the engine oil. If you don’t know the drain plug location, read the manual, it will help you find the drain plug.
- Open the drain plug and the filler cap and drain the oil from the pump. Make sure there is not a single drop left.
- After that fill the pump with DP70 pump oil or the SAE 30W non-detergent oil. The amount of oil will be given on the manual.
- After that run you pressure washer for 10 minutes and you are good to go.
Changing you Honda pressure washer oil is a super easy task, all you need to do is read the manual carefully, keep in mind the dos and don’ts of your pressure washer and follow the steps we provided.